Avalon Clients’ Gift-giving Guide
Avalon’s clients have your back on holiday shopping this year! You’ll find the perfect gift for everyone on your list at our clients’ on-site and online stores, and at the same time, you’ll be supporting these worthwhile causes. Here’s a taste of what our clients have to offer:
- The American Film Institute has online gift certificates for its steady stream of classic and new don’t-miss films playing at its beautiful Silver Theatre in Silver Spring, Maryland, just outside Washington, DC.
- The Chesapeake Bay Foundation’s online store has a wide range of gifts, from clothing to books to DVDs and toys. And as the website puts it, CBF also offers meaningful gifts that do more than sit on a shelf. Give baby oysters to help re-seed the Bay, or native trees to help filter the waterways. And for a limited time, receive a breath-taking, full-color Chesapeake Bay Foundation calendar free with any purchase of $50 or more.
- Farm Sanctuary’s online store has unique gifts for animal lovers, and while visiting, you can even adopt an animal. A gift sponsorship not only provides food and shelter for a needy farm animal—it also creates a lasting bond between the adopter and the animal.
- The Galapagos Conservancy also offers gift animal adoptions, as well as an extensive online shop with all proceeds going to help conserve the Galapagos Islands and their distinct and rare animals and plants.
- For entertainment lovers in the Washington, DC metro area, the Kennedy Center offers a wide range of gifts, including gift certificates that can be redeemed at the Box Office, a gift membership to give your family member or friend the benefits of membership, or an assortment of goodies at the Center’s gift shop. And each of these gifts helps to support the artistic and educational programs of the Kennedy Center, National Symphony Orchestra, or Washington National Opera.
- Not just for science buffs, the Museum of Science and Industry-Chicago’s online store is another one-stop shopping experience, with unique gifts sure to please everyone on your list.
- National Geographic’s online store offers wonderful gifts like DVDs of NatGeo’s spectacular nature documentaries, beautiful clothing from around the world, toys, jewelry, handmade pottery, and other one-of-a-kind items. Or you could give a gift subscription to National Geographic’s iconic magazine.
- The weekend of December 6-7, the National Museum of the American Indian holds its annual Native Art Markets in Washington, DC and NYC. NMAI also offers a wide selection of books, CDs, DVDs, and other items in its online store.
- For a gift that arrives six times a year, consider a National Wildlife Federation magazine subscription—NWF even has a kids’ version—Ranger Rick—for the nature lover in your life. Best of all, subscriptions are now available at a discounted rate! And also check out NWF’s online store for beautiful wildlife Christmas cards, ornaments, stuffed animals, and much more.
- Skip the hassle of driving into New York City to see a show. The New Jersey Performing Arts Center offers gift certificates for terrific Broadway shows, classical and jazz concerts, comedians, and much more.
- Like its wide range of museum experiences, the Smithsonian’s online gift shop covers all bases, from toys to jewelry to books to science experiments, and beyond.
- If your friends or family live in the Washington, DC metro area, a Wolf Trap Center for the Performing Arts gift certificate is, quite literally, just the ticket! And you won’t have to wait until summer to use it—with performances by artists like Dave Mason, Kat Edmonson, Livingston Taylor, and string quartets in the Barns at Wolf Trap all winter long.