Results were impressive:
- 52 new members (including 6 sustainers)
- 17.56% average open rate
- 6.21% average click through rate
- New joins: $21.41 average gift; 0.17% response rate vs. other acquisition efforts (with the exception of year-end): $28.92 average gift and 0.04% response
Additionally, because we communicate with a new prospect within a week of acquiring their email address, our unsubscribe and bounce rates are consistently low. But what about the challenges?
- It’s crucial to lay out detailed logistics prior to implementation … make sure your data flow works in terms of who gets what messages when, whether and when welcome series recipients should be suppressed from other communications, etc.
- It can be tricky to make changes (i.e. you may have to re-set all queries) so you’ll want to use evergreen copy and art as much as possible.
- Because of the many moving parts and often smaller quantities with each send, it can be difficult to do head-to-head testing on the series.
- Meticulous tracking is needed on opens, click throughs, responses, bounces and unsubscribes to ensure you know what’s working and what is not.
Nevertheless, this is definitely worth testing … so if you have any questions feel free to get in touch with me.